Looking to make a career in the healthcare investment industry?
Nextech is a leading, global oncology investment firm that specializes on early, private-stage cancer companies. The firm is led by an entrepreneurial investment group with extensive biotech and early venture experience, working closely with a dedicated Scientific Board of oncology experts to evaluate and realize the most promising opportunities in the industry. Owing to its specialized approach and strategy, the Nextech team accesses world-class investment targets to advance validated, first-in class scientific breakthroughs for the benefit of cancer patients across the world.
We are offering fellowship opportunities to Master, PhD and MD students, post docs and residents who want to gain experience in venture capital and start-ups in the oncology field. Interns in this program will have the chance to participate in many different roles across science, medicine, business, strategy, operations, and investing.
We are flexible on the fellowship duration and timing. The typical initial fellowship is 6 months full time, with the option of a 6-month extension; however, there are longer and shorter term as well as part- time possibilities with opportunities to enter into a full-time position at Nextech depending on the candidate’s fit, ability, career goals, and commitment to the firm.
To make a profound impact in oncology by investing in transformational cancer medicines that deliver meaningful outcomes for patients and investors alike
- Member of main team performing due diligence and company build activities
- Participate in the internal investment committee review process for making financing decisions Screen business plans and evaluate investment proposals
- Scientific and clinical data analysis
- Evaluate IP and commercial landscapes
- Work on operational and strategic tasks for current and potential portfolio companies
- Propose new investment opportunities through primary research
- Master, PhD and/or MD degree in life sciences, chemistry or biochemistry required. Expertise in translational research is favorable
- Additional business experience is a plus (e.g. operations, finance, consulting)
- Fast learner and go-getter, able to quickly become independent in technical areas outside core expertise and perform tasks without much oversight
- Able to rapidly adapt in constantly evolving situations with a proactive mindset
- Passionate for medical innovation combined with an entrepreneurial drive and solution-oriented approach
- Strong presentation and communication skills in English (Excel and PowerPoint proficiency)
- We focus on impact – as we create significant value for all stakeholders in the healthcare industry.
- We have fun – as we tirelessly execute our work to achieve breakthrough results for patients and investors alike.
- We value team – as we collaborate to develop long-term relationships with partners who believe in our mission.
- We chose integrity – as a guiding standard in our pursuit to always do the right thing.
- We are humble – as we recognize the challenges that we face today may be the opportunities of tomorrow.
We are looking forward to receiving your CV and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org.